When facing printing issues, these are the steps we recommend going through in order to quickly help narrow down the origin of the issue in the first place.
1) First, run a nozzle check pattern from the printer maintenance menu.
If lines are streaky, missing, or if nothing prints at all, then this is likely an ink flow issue. Follow the instructions shown in the next few steps to vent the cartridges.
2) Place the cartridges back in the orange clips.
3) Pull out the rubber plug located on top of the inkwell side.
4) Tilt the cartridge slowly so the ink from the inkwell side flows into the sponge side (as shown below). The sponge must be saturated all the way to the top, but before the ink leaks out of the venthole on the sponge side, set the cartridge straight. Then put the rubber plug back in.
5) The inkwell should be between 1/4 and 3/4 full of ink after wetting the sponge. If not, then you will need to refill these cartridges or buy a new set of cartridges.
6) If the cartridges are vented and have enough ink, put them back into the printer. Then unplug the printer from the back while on. Wait 5 minutes and plug it back in. Turn it on and run another nozzle check.
7) If your nozzle check still does not look like the one from step 1, you will need to rinse the printhead. You can rinse your printhead by purchasing our printhead cleaning kit and following our printhead cleaning instructions in our other separate file here.